Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plan is different option than Original Medicare. Arkansas Medicare Plan offers the benefits of Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plans are provided by private companies and approved by Medicare.
Medicare Advantage plans include all the services of Original Medicare plus more services.
Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plans are also called ‘Part C ’or ‘MA’ plans.
Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plans cover many necessary services but have copayments and deductibles.
How is Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plans different than Original Medicare?
- Medicare Advantage Plans cover Medicare Part A and Part B services and also Many other necessary services.
- Hospice care is not covered in Medicare Advantage plans.
- Medicare Advantage Plans often have low premiums.
- Medicare Advantage Plans offers vision benefits, dental coverage, preventive health care, emergency care and durable medical equipments benefits.
- Medicare Advantage Plans are approved by Medicare and stand the rules imposed by Medicare.
- Benefits of Medicare Advantage plans are offered even if you have preexisting conditions except End Stage Renal Disease.
- If you are already enrolled in the Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plan, you cannot buy Arkansas Medicare Supplement Insurance policy.
- Usually covers Medicare Prescription drugs.
- Some Medicare Advantage Plans can help in short term coverage needs.
Different Medicare Advantage Plans
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans
- Private Fee For Service (PFFS) Plans
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
- HMO Point- of- Service (HMOPOS)Plans
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plans
To join Medicare Advantage Plans
To join Arkansas Medicare Plans, there are important dates to remember.
November 15-Dec 31-Anyone who is already enrolled in Medicare can join first time Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plan or can shift from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another.
SHIP (State Health Insurance Assistance Program)
You can call your State Health Insurance Assistance Program for help
(800) 224-6330, (501) 371-2782, (501) 371-2781 fax